- The Theater is a hall (proscenium hall) of international
standards that can stage full-scale operas.
- The Theater is ideal for staging and appreciating both Western
and Japanese theatrical arts, including opera, drama and dance.
- In addition to the main stage there are two side stages and
a back stage, providing the hall with a stage area in no way
inferior to its finest counterparts in the West
- The seating capacity is 2,500 persons, on a par with the
traditional opera house of Europe. The three-tiered balcony arrngement
provides the audience with a sense of togetherness with the stage.
Retractable panels enable the Theater to scale down its capacity
to 1,900 persons when the need arises.
- When presenting Japanese works, it is possible to include
a "hanamichi" (special walkway stage of Japanese theater)
that includes a "toya" (actor's restroom).
- Stage mechanisms such as floors and hangings, as well as
lighting facilities and electric sound effects facilities are
all computer-controlled (with some manually controlled equipment).
Together they comprise some of the most advanced theater facilities
in the world.
- Seating: 2,500 seats (fixed seats: 2,476 seats, wheelchair
space: 8, Family Room: 8 persons) *These facilities can also
be used with reduced seating of 1,900 seats (fixed seats: 1,876
seats, wheelchair space: 8, Family Room: 8 persons )
- Proscenium arch dimentions
- Stage Area: 2,000 square meters
Main stage: 680 sq.m (width, 29m; depth: 23.5m)
Rear stage: 430 sq.m (width, 22m; depth: 19.5m)
Stage left: 460 sq.m (width, 20m; depth: 23m)
Stage right: 230 sq.m (width, 10m; depth: 23m)
Scene construction site: About 190 sq.m
effective rise: 30m
Trap cellar effective depth: 13m
- Orchestra pit: 165 sq.m (width, 27.0m, depth: 5.7m, reduction
by 178 seats)
- Reverberation time: 1.6 seconds (w/full house).
- Main stage mechanisms
Main stage lift and tilt function (with 0-10 degree slanting
floor mechanism): 5 sections Five large sliding wagon stations
moving from stage left stage to main stage. Large sliding stage
with turntable (16.38m in diameter) which moves from rear stage
to main stage. Five lighting bridges, eight lighting side ladders,
66 tool batons, 10 sash pulleys
- Lighting facilities: 900 KVA, 838 circuits (including 29
circuits in seats).
- Acoustic facilities: Use of sound field support and sound
image fixed position system, etc.
- Dressing rooms: 6 small dressing rooms (including bath and
toilet), 4 medium-size dressing rooms, 4 large dressing rooms,
3 staff rooms, costuming room, 2 showers, sponsors' room.